You have to make this Shrimp Zucchini Taco for dinner tonight.
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. small shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 1 (1-oz.) package taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack
- 1 small jalapeño, finely diced, for garnish
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Score cut side of zucchini like you’re dicing an avocado and scoop out insides into a bowl, reserving scooped zucchini.
- Place zucchini halves in a 9”-x-13” baking dish, then drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until mostly tender. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add onion and scooped zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add shrimp and taco seasoning. Cook, tossing a few times, until shrimp is opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in corn, black beans, and tomatoes. Remove from heat. Spoon shrimp mixture into cooked zucchini, then top with cheeses.
- Bake until cheese is melty, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with jalapeño and cilantro before serving.
Calories (kcal) 286 Fat (g) 18.5 Saturated Fat (g) 4.49 Cholesterol (mg) 78 Carbohydrates (g) 14.04 Dietary Fiber (g) 3 Total Sugars (g) 5.56 Protein (g) 18 Sodium (mg) 98