- 3 egg yolks (if possible use pasteurized eggs, Safest Choice Eggs is what I used)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 7 oz ladyfingers
- 1 cup cold brewed coffee
- cocoa powder
- chocolate shaves
- Whisk the egg yolks, sugar, and milk in a medium saucepan until combined.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking all the time until it reaches boil point. Continue cooking for one more minute. Leave to cool for about 30 minutes at room temperature followed by 1 hour in the fridge.
- Once the egg yolk mixture is cold, whisk in 1 pound of room temperature mascarpone cheese.
- Line a 9X5 loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Moving as quickly as possible dip one-third of the ladyfingers in the cold coffee, one at a time, and place them on the bottom of the pan in a single layer. You might need to break a few to fit perfectly into the pan.
- Spread almost one-third of the mascarpone filling over the ladyfingers.
- Place the second layer of coffee dipped ladyfingers and spread some more mascarpone cheese on top.
- Dip the remaining ladyfingers in coffee and arrange them over the mascarpone cheese.
- Spread the remaining mascarpone cheese, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Gently remove the tiramisu from the pan, sprinkle with cocoa powder and grated chocolate on top.
Calories (kcal) 492 Fat (g) 31.67 Saturated Fat (g) 18.326 Cholesterol (mg) 291 Carbohydrates (g) 42.47 Dietary Fiber (g) 1.6 Total Sugars (g) 29.27 Protein (g) 8.3 Sodium (mg) 148